How to make Cannabutter
We can't believe it's canna-butter!
An innovative way to cook with cannabis, this recipe can turn a low budget meal into a high-class (literally) 5-star cuisine.
Come give this Potent Cannabutter Recipe a try. Created in 2017, by our Pot Sidekick confectioner, this recipe is the main ingredient within ALL of our Edible Recipes.
_____Time ~ 6 Hours____
Recommended before you begin:
One cheese cloth
One large strainer
1/2 Cup of Butter
9"X13" Deep Glass Pan
Only 3 Ingredients In This Recipe
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4oz Cannabis Bud OR 7 Grams
1 teaspoon Soy Lecithin granules
Only 10 Simple Steps For This Recipe
- Decarboxylate the amount that you are using: What is Decarboxylation?
- Pre-heat your oven to 215° F.
- Break your bud down finely( not as fine as a powder, avoid coffee grinders!), preferably with Scissors or a Pot Sidekick Grinder. Sprinkle your bud evenly into an oven safe container of your choice. Seal off the top of your container with aluminum foil, crimping up around the edges. It is very important that your container is sealed well! Use an additional layer of aluminum foil if need be.
- Put your container in the oven at 215° F for 30 minutes. After the time is up, remove the dish and let it cool, WITH the foil still on. It is best for the container to cool down slowly(not in the refrigerator/freezer) so that the vapors can settle in.
- Add your butter and heat: While you are waiting for the aluminum covered container to cool off, melt your butter in a pan on a low heat setting. You will want to clarify it by skimming any milk solids that rise on the surface. After that, remove the aluminum foil from the top of your container.
- Adding the Soy Lecithin: After removing the aluminum foil from the top of your container, you should then sprinkle around a 1/2 teaspoon of lecithin evenly over the surface of your decarboxylated bud. Then, pour the melted butter evenly over the bud in the container. Mix this together, cover the top of the container tightly with aluminum foil, and place this combination back into the oven for 45 minutes at 215° F :)
- Mix this together, cover the top of the container tightly with aluminum foil, and place this combination back into the oven for 45 minutes at 215° F :)
- Once the time is up, remove the container from the oven, with the foil still on, and allow the containers vapors to settle down again for 10 – 15 minutes. Once you can comfortably touch the dish, you’ll carefully open it, and use a rubber mallet, a spoons back, or a fork to mash down your bud into the butter. This is very similar to a meat tenderizer in which it will break down the trichomes into the butter, allowing more potency in your recipe. After this, add another 1/2 teaspoon of lecithin and stir until dissipated.
- Cover again with aluminum foil, crimping up around the edges, and put your container back in the oven for another 45 minutes. After the time is up, you can finally shut off the heat and let the container cool off for 10-15 more minutes.
- After cooling, freeze your liquid mixture for around 2 hours or Overnight. Remove the container from your freezer, allow it to thaw to room temperature, and then place it back in the oven for 15 minutes at 350° , or until the butter is thinned out enough for easy straining.
If you want a stronger couch-lock / indica effect with your recipe, freeze your butter for another 2 hours and then thin it out again
- Strain the remaining bud out of the butter by running it thru a cheese cloth or something similar, you can find cheese cloths at your local Walmart/ Target OR Below! Use a rubber mallet/ back of a spoon to press the remaining butter out of the bud you have decarbed.